Another journey commences

It is 20 April, a muggy night in Changi Airport. I am alone- as standby passengers we were offered one seat for the onward swoop of QF1. We decided I'd  take it, as JJ retains some priority, while on my own, I don't. He is also a more robust solo traveller than I. He will exit the airport, find a hotel, and hopefully get a solid sleep.

Leaving the Kanimbla Valley on Wednesday was sad, the hills, trees, sky, imprinting in our memory. The interior of the house now so near completion, that it pulls us to stay.several nigjts ago Phil made the firat sighting ever of a wombat on our place, atrolling across the drive above the house.

Back home for 2 nights, loving the bonds of family, walking Molly, swimming at Leichhardt, chatting round the dinner table with Nick, James and Katrina, who is a much valued addition to the Rosedale residents.

Again it was hard to leave the young'uns behind, a bond stretching back, a boating life pulling us forward.

Tomorrow I'll reach Portsmouth,  to be wrapped in friendship by the Ciccarone clan, and wait for JJ to catch up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heading west

Chester

22 April Oberhafen